Friday, March 22, 2013

On our way to Santa Fe!



We woke up at 4am to head south to Santa Fe in order to miss rush hour in both Denver and Colorado Springs.  To reward ourselves for the epic feat that this was, we stopped in Springer, NM (finally!) at the Brown Hotel for breakfast.  Springer is known for hosting a boys correctional facility.  Just in case, you know, you wondered.
I was pretty happy after massive amounts of greasy pancakes, green chili on my eggs, and my Mike driving.
After checking in early at The El Rey (apparently no one visits in mid-March, we kinda figured out why the next day - but I did finally fill out my Passport: FREE NIGHT!), our very first stop was Trader Joe's.  I am, literally, counting down the days til we get one (approximately 103, depending on which day in August they actually open).  We snagged some cheese, cranberry loaf, sea salt dark chocolate covered almonds (as incredible as they sound), massive quantities of wine (hence spending over an hour there), and a plate, knife, and candles at Dollar Tree.  
 Cause that's how we roll.
Finished off a lovely bright, crisp day at Tomasita's, and I'd say we found ourselves a small slice of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment