Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Color Run 2012

How appropriate that my first 5K be to benefit Colorado Children's Hospital.  And what a way to run!  I was so proud as my entire goal was to finish the race running, which is exactly what I did.  The first two kilometers (orange and blue) were the most difficult.  But after that, yellow and green went by in a flash!

I met Heidi at her house and we arrived at City Park around 8am, along with the rest of Denver, apparently.  We started out so sparkling clean...
 City Park was beautiful.  It couldn't have been better weather - 65 degrees and sunny!
Also, just a note: I don't care what size or gender you are, short white running shorts are never a good idea.  Especially with a black thong.  Just. Sayin'.  You're not fooling anyone.
 At the starting line - let the color commence!!!
 After the race, but still pre-color corral.
 In the midst of the color corral!
 Epic.
 This guy made a lot of people laugh...
 We win!
 It took at least 30 minutes to just get all the powder off.  Brownest shower ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment