Monday, February 27, 2012

Hat Trick

I found this hat at Goodwill (it was actually new from Target who donates what they don't sell to the organization) for $6.  I absolutely loved everything about it except for the cheesy plastic cheetah print belt sewn around the small brim.
So, I took one of the leftover ends of the myriad ties from my tie skirt, and made a new decorative addition!  I actually sewed it in 4 places (including the vintage button), but I'm now wishing I'd sewn the two ends together and added velcro so I could swap out different colors (since the collection of ties is so incredibly massive).  I might be re-doing it eventually.
If Ford ever goes under, I think I have a fine future in millinery waiting for me.  Just sayin'.
Also, apologies for the crappy photos - my camera is dead and I keep forgetting to charge it.  The Blackberry takes sub par photogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment