Saturday, August 27, 2011

Couched!

Mike and I started looking at couches a couple of months ago, which resulted in long, drawn out pros and cons conversations, and various lists of why we should or shouldn't spend the money.  We're stumbled upon this couch set at Sofa Mart back in early July, and have been phone stalking it ever since.  We'd call about once a week to see if it was still there, and to see if it had been priced more reasonably (i.e. about $250 less than the price it was currently).  We even offered them such in cash, but to no avail.

Yesterday afternoon I called once again, almost on a whim after my mom sent me couch ideas from World Market.  Love their tables and such, but not sold on their couches.  Spoke to a very nice lady who knew the exact set I was checking on.  "Oh yes!" she exlaimed, "In fact, we really need to get rid of that set this weekend, so I can offer you a better price!  Let me go check on it..."  Five minutes later, she stated it was the exact price that we said, should it go to that, we'd snag it.

So we did!  And apparently, I've learned, got quite a steal since it's Natuzzi, a brand I'd never heard of nor do I really care about except for the fact that it's a big deal we got a floor model on major sale and they have excellent quality and durability (according to the few people I asked about it that would know).  So, sweet!

BAM!  Incredibly comfy seating for 6 people, but even more can join!
Today, I ran to ARC to check on the throw pillow situation, as it is a LOT of gray / lavender / black / blue depending on which angle you're looking from, so I wanted to break it up with some color.  Also moved some wall hangings from their not-so-public spots upstairs, which go with the quasi-vintage-travel theme.  It's amazing how much you can change a room by just moving around things you already have.
I found these small, thin, unbelievably gorgeous pillows for $2!  Each one is made out of a shiny silk material, some with the same shape, but all with a bit different color and style.  And they're very thin, so they don't take away from the comfiness of the plush couch!
Never owned a recliner before...it's heaven.
Also found a tray at ARC since we don't have a coffee table in here now.  I made new coasters by spray painting some tiles I found (50 cents for 10 of them) with paints I already had.  Turns out I also had the protection stickers for the bottom (I keep everything "just in case"; every once in a while that turns out to be a great thing), so we have some nice, colorful coasters (that also gave me a project - which I love) for half a dollar!  Love the crochet throw...not sold on its position here, but don't want the tray to leave marks!  Trade-offs, as my dad would say.
Found another crocheted beauty at ARC as well - how people get rid of these I'll never understand, knowing how much time it takes to make one!  But if you're ever cold, we've got lap blankets aplenty!  One day soon we will recover the BCC (Big Comfy Chair) and ottoman.  One day...
Finally, we realized just how much dog hair we're going to be constantly cleaning off of this micro velvet goodness.  Worth it?

Oh yes.
The greatest thing of all?  Our house is now fully furnished!  No more empty space when you walk in to the library!  Complete with vintage library chairs!  *Squeel*
There is no good way to decorate with dog crates.  Anyone have any suggestions on making them not so glaringly hideous?  I'm going to stain the coffee table to match the mahogany on the vintage chairs.  And I think I've found material for their reupulstery!  Tonic Living has some of the most lovely fabrics.  Now if I can get inspiration for BCC...

I heart nesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment