Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fate

Here's the story: Mike has been stalking a particular fire pit at Target since we moved to Quivas back in March.  Said fire pit, however, was about $169.99, and seeing that porch paraphernalia is close to the last thing on the list of things Mike and Kendra are saving for, it seemed out of reach.  Until, of course, it went on sale at Target.  Now $139.99, Mike specifically pointed it out to my dad when we stopped at Target Friday night.

But of course, they were out of stock due to the sale.  "Maybe we could order it online?"  I suggested.  Great idea, except for shipping would've been a nightmare.

All was forgotten til today when Mom, Dad, and I explored the Cherry Creek Goodwill.  I was headed towards the furniture to dream of opening my own custom furniture and decor boutique, and I saw tiles in the corner of my eye that seemed oddly familiar.

It took me a minute to realize I was looking at THE exact same fire pit Mike was salivating over at Target.

Wait, what?!

"DAD!"

There was nothing wrong with it minus the missing tile on the corner.  Eveything was intact, down to the wood poker!  It even had the ORIGINAL tag on it,with the discount price from Target due to said missing tile.  We're at $64.98, now, people.

But then Goodwill cuts that by half.  The dream fire pit is now $34.99.  Of course, it took my dad 30 grueling minutes in the Denver sun to fit it into the MKX...but we grabbed some cold drinks, stopped at Lowe's to have them cut a piece of tile into the exact size needed, and voila: perfect condition!

It was well worth the extra effort when we enjoyed a fire that night!
One of my best thrift store finds ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment